Jané was born in 1932 in Barcelona, Spain, and boasts over 75 years of experience in the pram and nursery industry.
Manuel Jané Vidal proudly created a pram for his new born son, Ramon. It caused admiration among friends and neighbours encouraging him to build a couple of pushchairs which folded up making them far more convenient. He took his creations to one of Barcelona’s leading department stores and the first orders came through, just one week later, and Jané began to manufacture folding pushchairs… with many more product innovations to follow over the years.
Children’s safety is paramount and when researching and developing new products, Jané aims to exceed industry regulations. Jané’s design and technology innovations ensure that all products are designed for babies’ health as well as safety. The company is committed to developing revolutionary products which are protected by patents to produce superior pram and car seat equipment that outperforms the competition.
Jané Crash Test Research Centre
Jané opened its own child-safety research and development centre in 2003. It is only one of a few testing laboratories in the world and currently boasts some of the most advanced technology. The laboratory enables child safety products to be designed, subjecting them to tests even stricter than those currently required by the regulations, and testing them as many times as necessary. Once approved by Jané engineers, they are independently tested again by TNO Automotive Laboratories and INIADA which are responsible for the strictest accreditation system in Europe, ECE-R44/03. Jané’ conducts tests at high speeds according to the EURO-NCAP test protocol which is higher than the legally required safety standards.
Johnston Prams has been the official distributor of Jané products in the UK and Ireland since 1996.
• 1932 First folding pushchair
• 1935 First reclining pushchair
• 1939 Builds first pram from wood and rubber
• 1960 Royal prams with ‘vision’ upholstery
• 1967 Royal prams with a special ‘Janyplex’ body. The most folding pram on the market, with patented system
• 1978 ‘Viking’ a new concept in prams; the ‘Baston’ pushchair fitting into an umbrella stand • 1987 ‘Bribon’, a reversible handled pushchair converts into a 2 -in-1
• 1993 ‘Audace’, first folding pushchair & carrycot
• 1998 ‘Matrix’ – new patented Group 0 carrycot/carseat
• 2003 Jané Crash Test Centre Opens – the only private test laboratory in Spain for child safety research
• 2004 First Group 1, 2 & 3 ISOFIX car seat launches INDY PLUS
• 2005 Auto-release Pro-fix, system to lock and unlock car seats and carry cots from the chassis with just one hand
• 2007 Reversible covers on pushchairs, offering 2-in-1
• 2009 Launches the first 3rd Generation ISOfix safety seat – EXO